Tuesday 6 October 2015

Documenting the everyday...

Within the first two weeks of Intentions I have began to produce a body of work that responds to my everyday activities through an abstract view. As part of my visual research I am using a day to day sketchbook, within which I am documenting and extracting shape, line, form and colour from everyday mundane activities. At first this was a task I realised would be harder than i had originally anticipated. Why have I chosen to be inspired by things that are  relatively 'uninspiring'? However the more i have engaged with my sketchbook and tried to push past that original feeling, has allowed me to look past the obvious and begin to build a body of work that has an underlying depth and quality.
I will be continuing with my daily sketchbook throughout the entire of my Intentions unit, and from my continual documentation I will then translate my findings through an exploration with scale, medium and eventually materials.


No comments:

Post a Comment