Friday 6 November 2015

Week 6 | Starting Window Work

This week has been a really exciting one! I have finally took the leap and started to work on the windows.  I had purchased a selection of chalk pens and a metre of matte black vinyl to get myself started. The thing i found most difficult to get to grips with was the sizing and getting used to working on  a larger scale. I have 3 windows available to work on in the class room, so have decided that I'm going to tackle each one with a different approach, which i hope will help me better develop my skills and ideas and discover new styles that feel comfortable working with.

               (First Window)                           (Second Window)

I have received great feedback from my peers throughout the past week, which has been a massive confidence boost. It was great to hear that they loved the colour and creative atmosphere my designs where bringing to the room. It has made me realise that yes, working on a large scale is a risk and it takes more time than other ways of creating, however it has proved to me that until you branch out and explore your interests you will never know what can be achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment