Sunday 20 September 2015

Colour & Composition.

It took me quite a while to get into my summer project. When it comes to drawing from view, I wouldn't say its really my forte, I tend to look at things more for the lines and shapes rather than the overall look. So when it came to concentration on colour, i found it really hard at first to grasp how i was going to tackle it.  Regrettably i didn't have the most exciting of summers, due to a lack of money i found myself spending most of my time at home but luckily for me i live in Yorkshire so most days, dependent on the unpredictable weather, i would be out and about in the dales with my dog. At first i tried being quite realistic with my drawings but soon got extremely bored and realised its just not my style, so eventually started doing a bit of research to hopefully spark some new ideas and inspiration.

So my summer project soon developed around the idea of connecting the realistic to the exaggerated, over powering the mundane everyday with the use of  repetitive pattern and bright colour, to create illustrative and abstract representations of my activities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment